Bonjour!

Discussions sur le Championnat de France
Go racing !

Re: Bonjour!

Message par Go racing ! » 22 sept. 2009, 00:59

Hello Tarryn,

Nice for us to see that in SA our club can get passionate fans like you thanks to our new key player François Steyn. It's not a big secret that we expect a lot from the Springbok young star.

I'm myself a big Springbok fan and i really enjoyed the tremendous Tri nations success of this year. Racing's got a few other SA players like Cronje (a former Springbok) and two others players less popular but talented Goosen and Clark. Hope you'll achieve your dream to visit France and watch a Racing game (a beautiful victory i hope).

tarryn

Message par tarryn » 22 sept. 2009, 09:09

:) :) thank you thank you thank you! It is so kind that you have all helped me with all the François news! I am so thankful to you all and will make it up to you I promise! If I ever hear any news about the team, I will tell you all! Unfortunately we do not get to watch any French league games on TV in South Africa :( I watched a programme last night with our Springbok coach and he said that François cried because he was sad that he will not play for the Springboks, but he was so excited to come to France because he loves it. I met François twice and he is very nice.. I hope that you will all get to meet him too! Thank you again for making me feel so welcome on this site.. I hope to come to France and watch rugby with you all one day! :) ps: you all speak very good English!

tarryn

Message par tarryn » 22 sept. 2009, 10:02

:) and thank you to "Go Racing" for your good wishes regarding the Springboks! I am glad that you support them.. Did you get to watch the tri nations in France? I was so proud when we played against the All Blacks and François converted 3 60m penalties! I cant wait for him to kick Racing to success too! I will keep you up to date with any Springbok news! :) I am a very passionate rugby supporter and I want to become a rugby writer or promoter. I want the whole world to see what a beautiful game rugby is! A lot of people I meet cannot believe that I am a lady that knows so much about rugby. Do women watch rugby in France? Thank you for your good wishes, I also hope my dream will come true! :)

Kaiser

Message par Kaiser » 22 sept. 2009, 12:20

Bloody freak is all... Hope he does alright for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LZDXWBVRYE

Andrew Mehrtens and François Steyn... bloody hell I hope its not just a shoot out for the rest of the season.
Lets see the ball pass through some hands.

tarryn

Message par tarryn » 22 sept. 2009, 13:52

I think it is amazing to have talent like that in the team. François is a kicking prodigy but I believe he is a strong ball carrier, is physical on defense and is strong enough to carry the ball over the advantage line. I think there should be place in any team for a man who can slot 60m penalties and drop goals from almost anywhere on the park!

carlito

Message par carlito » 22 sept. 2009, 14:24

I remenber in 1999,
I went in the world cup quarter final south africa vs england ,it was the only match play in france during this world cup(stade de france in paris, a great remember of rugby for me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) , jannie de beer has kicked 5 drop goal in this match (it was a record , yet now it's never falled)
I think thera are a lot of school for "drop kickers" in south africa, please give lessons for france kickers...........
it's a big problem in national french rugby team,we play well with hands (french flair :lol: :lol: ) but with foot it's horribleeeeeee........

Just a Fan

Message par Just a Fan » 22 sept. 2009, 15:48

Kaiser a écrit :Bloody freak is all... Hope he does alright for you guys.

Andrew Mehrtens and François Steyn... bloody hell I hope its not just a shoot out for the rest of the season.
Hey Kaiser,

Believe it or not both Mehrtens and Steyn are excellent rugby players - not just kickers. Be positive - I am sure you wont complain when Racing 92 start winning.... Steyn is adding value to an already talented bunch of players, but he also adds that "spark" that ignites a team...

tarryn

Message par tarryn » 22 sept. 2009, 17:19

Hey "just a fan"..welcome to the site! I am glad I am not the only South African here now :) I agree that Frans will bring such positivity and extra spark to Racing and I hope he plays on Saturday! Xx

Kaiser

Message par Kaiser » 23 sept. 2009, 03:23

Just a Fan a écrit :
Kaiser a écrit :Bloody freak is all... Hope he does alright for you guys.

Hey Kaiser,

Believe it or not both Mehrtens and Steyn are excellent rugby players - not just kickers. Be positive - I am sure you wont complain when Racing 92 start winning.... Steyn is adding value to an already talented bunch of players, but he also adds that "spark" that ignites a team...
I totally agree with you... Mehrtens is one of my all time favourite players and Steyn like i said is a freak.
My point was that I hope racing don't just use their kicking abilities. I have watched steyn throw away alot of games due to him attempting 65 metre drop goals every time he gets the ball. (Granted this happened more when the sharks were away on tour in Aus or NZ and their game plan was obviously much different) This is what I don't want to happen because that is negative.

As we've seen more this year Steyn hits the line as hard as a foward and can throw a good ball. He has matured as a player and has more to offer the game then massive kicking. I want to see this at Racing. Its a good opportunity for him to expand his game as he should be part of the first 15 every game. As for Mehrtens I haven't seen play in years so i can only assume he's still class.

tarryn

Message par tarryn » 23 sept. 2009, 08:22

Hi Kaiser! I agree with that completely.. I am a Steyn fan but can admit that at times in the past when he was immature, he made some selfish decisions and would drop kick whenever he touched the ball. This happened a lot last year and some people got very angry with him and lost faith in his abilities which I think was unfair. People forget that François is only 22. How many 22yr olds are there that have achieved what he has. I really believe he is growing a lot and in the next 5yrs he will be the best player in the world. He is incredibly brave to throw away his career in South Africa and move to France but I believe he will mature there immensely :)

Répondre